What this Policy Covers.
Information Collected by GradePayments.
We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Information You Provide to Us. We receive and store information that you enter on our website or provide to us in other ways. You can choose not to submit certain information, but the tradeoff is that you may not be able to take advantage of some of our site's features.
- Registration: In order for you to use GradePayments services you must create an account by completing a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your name, email address, etc.).
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information in your User Profile. This information may include your location, your school, your grade, and other interests. You may also post photos in your Profile.
- WePay Account: GradePayments uses WePay to process all of the transactions on GradePayments.com. No one at GradePayments sees your credit card information.
- Invite Friends: A user may choose to identify a friend, colleague, sponsor, or a similar third party through our invite-a-friend function. If a user does this we will collect the recipient's email address. We will automatically send your friend an email, and if necessary, reminder emails. GradePayments stores this information for the sole purpose of sending the aforementioned email and any related reminder emails. We also store this information to track the success of our invitation programs. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Orders: If you purchase a product or service through GradePayments, then we will collect billing information (such as credit card number, expiration date, or bank account numbers) and address information (such as name, email address, and shipping address).
- Social Media, Blogs, Instant Messaging: If you register with a social media account or use a blog or Instant Messaging tool on GradePayments, you should be aware that personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of the aforesaid forums. This information could then be used by a third party to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for such personally identifiable information that you choose to submit in the forums. We also connect to third-party services like Facebook and Twitter, and any information that you post on our site may be sent off our site via these third-party services.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. GradePayments and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain traffic data on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, GradePayments cookie information, queries, and the page you requested. GradePayments uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, to analyze trends and to administrate the website. GradePayments may collect and display various aggregate counts of the times that pages have been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
Use of Information by GradePayments.
GradePayments uses your information to contact you about your involvement or potential involvement in a project; to bill users who have agreed to sponsor a project through our site; to fulfill product orders; to contact you about GradePayments-related news, features, products, surveys, promotions, updates, case-studies, and/or special offers; to facilitate social networking and project set-up (e.g. posting on your Facebook feed, sending friend requests and notifications, posting on your Twitter account); to serve ads tailored to your stated interests and goals; and, without using personally identifiable information, to analyze and report success trends.
- We will send you a welcome email after you have registered with GradePayments based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide us. GradePayments also sends out emails to respond to your inquiries and you message board posts, to manage your account, and to facilitate the actions described above in the "Use of information by GradePayments" section. You may receive notification emails from GradePayments, which inform you of actions performed on the site (e.g., activity posts and notifications). Unless you opt out, we also send motivational newsletters and messages to users.
- If you do not want to receive email from us, email admin@GradePayments.com from the email address you want to take off our lists. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive certain system emails (e.g. regarding forgotten user passwords or related to success and failure in on-going projects you have engaged in) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us. If you wish to stop receiving these emails you may deactivate or suspend your account.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Although you may reject our cookies and still navigate some areas of our site, we require you to have cookies activated in order to participate in a project.
- We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site and to control access to certain parts of our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don't have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience of our site. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
- If you would like more information about this practice or want to know about the choice you have in withholding information from these third party companies, click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative's website. You can also learn how to opt out of third-party advertisers' tracking methods in conjunction with links, online ads, etc. by visiting the advertisers' sites.
Sharing Your Information.
GradePayments enables people to discover and share information with one another, and information about the people who use GradePayments is very important to us. Although we may share non-personal information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and website usage information with third parties, rest assured that we will share your personally identifiable information only as described below.
- GradePayments Personnel and Affiliates: GradePayments personnel, approved academic researchers, authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of GradePayments business and/or research. This means that user information, including name, address, phone number, may be used for the following reasons: responding to user requests, ensuring smooth operation of projects, and/or modifying our projects product to increase users' success rates. We may solicit your participation in research, developing case-studies, and success stories.
- Agents/Service Providers: GradePayments employs third parties to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting or operating the GradePayments website, fulfilling orders for products and services purchased through the GradePayments websites, sending e-mail and/or other communications, providing wireless services, removing repetitive information from customer lists, data analysis, marketing assistance, credit card payment processing, and customer service. These third parties may have access to your personal information for the purpose of performing such functions on GradePayments' behalf.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. If GradePayments or all of its assets were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other GradePayments users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on GradePayments where we allow you to tell other GradePayments users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile including your school and grade level.
- API: GradePayments will allow third parties access to all GradePayments data that is already publicly available through the GradePayments website. GradePayments will keep passwords private.
- E-Commerce: GradePayments may allow users to choose to share information with third parties, including marketers or electronic commerce providers through on-site offers.
- Affiliate Entities: GradePayments may also provide your personally identifiable information to your affiliated company if you have entered an Affiliate Code during registration or are otherwise a user of our corporate portal.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, GradePayments will not provide users' personally identifiable information to third parties or use it for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected without their prior permission.
Keeping Information Secure.
- The security of your information is of paramount importance to us. Your GradePayments account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. In addition, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information of our users, both during transmission and after we receive it. GradePayments strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, including use of encryption, firewalls, and hashing on select types of information collected by GradePayments. When you enter sensitive information during the sign-up process or on our order forms, we encrypt your information during transmission using 128 bit secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure, however, so GradePayments cannot guarantee absolute security.
- You can enhance your security by protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information.
- You can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add, or delete personally identifiable information on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records as part of our normal back-up procedures and so that we can comply with any future requests for such information in conjunction with future legal proceedings.
- If you wish to remain a user of GradePayments, but do not wish to receive certain email from us or other GradePayments users, please email admin@GradePayments.com. However, please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- You may request access to any Personal Information that we have collected that is not available on your User Profile page so that you may correct any inaccuracies or request deletion of that information; we will respond to your request within 15 business days.
- You may also request deletion of your GradePayments account by contacting us. We will respond to requests within 15 business days.
Minors: GradePayments is intended for students age 13 and older and their sponsors. If we learn that GradePayments has collected information from a minor under the age of 13, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe that GradePayments may have information from or about a minor under 13 years old, please contact us.